What We Do
We run some training but mostly focus on fighting battles. These sessions are designed for people to come along and play Swordcraft in a casual environment. Be prepared for a crazy night, with over 350 people every Friday, the battles can get very wild!
While Swordcraft uses foam covered solid cored weapons and requires players to hit with a light touch (using “pulled” realistic swings), it is still very much a contact sport so come prepared for a few knocks.
New players play for free on their first night! If you participate in three consecutive games after your first night, they are only $5.00 each! All subsequent games are $14.00, with an additional $2.00 if you are hiring a weapon.
Prior to arriving on Friday nights we urge new players and veterans to pre-register.
you MUST bring a printed copy of the PDF registration form (Swordcraft under 18 player registration form)
signed and handed in by your legal guardian.
What to Bring
We have 90+ club swords and you don’t need armour to play, so first timers only need to bring the following:
- Medieval/Fantasy costume if you have one, otherwise a plain large T-shirt “tunic” and plain tracksuit pants
- Comfortable shoes (the more medieval looking the better, but plain runners are fine for your first game)
- A belt you can wear on the outside of your clothes (to tuck swords into)
- If you have contact lenses, wear them instead of glasses
- A sports box (a good idea)
- Gloves (a good idea)
- A fighting spirit and a sense of humour!
Every Friday at Western Oval in Parkville .
On your first night, try to get there by 6-6.30pm and expect to finish around 10.30pm.